Youth ages 15 and youthful are invited to participate in particular youth pheasant hunts throughout the Oct. 21-22 statewide youth pheasant, quail and partridge season.
Rooster pheasants will likely be launched at 14 wildlife administration areas earlier than the particular youth hunt season. The particular hunts are open to the general public, and the variety of contributors will not be restricted. No registration or particular allow is required. Particular rules posted at every of the 14 WMAs will apply to all parts of the designated areas usually open to looking. All different present youth and common looking rules additionally will likely be in impact on these designated areas.
Pheasants will likely be launched on the following WMAs: Pressey (Custer County); Sherman Reservoir (Sherman County); Oak Valley (Madison County); Branched Oak (Lancaster County); Twin Oaks (Johnson County); Hickory Ridge (Johnson County); Wilkinson (Platte County); Peru Bottoms (Nemaha County), Yankee Hill (Lancaster County), Cornhusker (Corridor County), Arrowhead (Gage County), George Syas (Platte County), Randall W. Schilling (Cass County), and Kirkpatrick Basin North (York County).
For extra details about these areas, go to our web site for a youth hunt location map or go to our on-line public entry map. Further details about the youth looking season could also be discovered within the 2017 Small Recreation Information.
The particular rules on these WMAs embrace:
- Solely unhazardous shot could also be used at Wilkinson, Peru Bottoms, Randall W. Schilling, and Kirkpatrick Basin North WMAs.
- Grownup mentors have to be licensed hunters age 19 or older to accompany a youth.
- Grownup mentors might harvest one rooster pheasant per day solely.
- The 14 WMAs are the one areas the place adults might harvest pheasants throughout the youth season.
- Kirkpatrick Basin North WMA is a brand new addition to the listing of looking websites this yr, and William Glimour (Tobacco Island) is now not a particular hunt website.
- Just one grownup mentor per youth will likely be allowed to hunt (further non-hunting mentors might accompany the youth on the hunt).
- Youth might harvest two roosters per day.